How to stream live Australian radio if you live in the UK
If you live in the UK and love listening to Aussie radio to get a taste of life back home, you may have found it a little harder to stream live Australian radio lately. Recent changes to some streaming apps mean your favourite Australian radio stations may no longer be available.
If you do want to catch up with what is going on at home via the radio, help is at hand.
You can listen to all your favourite live and local Australian commercial, ABC and SBS radio stations on RadioApp.
There’s a few ways to listen if you like in the UK:
- If you have an iPhone – download RadioApp for your iPhone
- If you have an Android device – download RadioApp for your Android device
- If you have a Google Nest speaker or display – you can ask Google to play your favourite Aussie station. For example, “Ok Google, play 3AW” or “Ok Google, play Triple M Brisbane on RadioApp”
- If you have an Alexa enabled speaker or display – you can ask Alexa to play your favourite station from home. For example, “Alexa, ask RadioApp to play Fox FM” or “Alexa, ask RadioApp to play KIIS 1065”.
- If you have a Sonos speaker – it’s easy to setup RadioApp for Sonos.
A tip if you are an Alexa user living outside of Australia – if your speaker is not setup with an amazon.com.au account and set up with either an amazon.com, amazon.co.uk or other non-Amazon Australia account, you will always need to say “Alexa, ask RadioApp to play..” and then the name of the Australian station you are after.
If you need any help, please get in touch with us on our contact page.